What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OFAB250 tail section

al'saad

Ordnance approved
with unusual latin stencil 'GORNJA STRANA' -'UPPER SIDE'

Attachments

• rep1.jpg
    rep1.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 70
  • rep2.jpg
    rep2.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 76
Hi al'saad, It is not a tail from the OFAB-250 but the tail of a clusterbomb made somewhere in the former Yugoslavia, I forgot the name of it but it could be filled with the RAB 3.5 bomblet ( a converted 82 mm mortar) and some other submunitions. If I am back at work I will take a picture and post it.
Greetings Erik.

Yeap you are right it is cluster bomb KAB (Kasetna Avio Bomba) tail unit, but as I heard from Yugoslav Air Force mate, those are removed from the inventory shortly after BL755 are introduced.

But, as this tail is found near Jajce, in central Bosnia and Herzegovina KABs were operational during war in Bosnia. Following that I was also told that FAB50 is removed from Yugoslav Air Force Inventory during early eighties but i have found two near Goražde in east Bosnia.

Hi al'saad, It is not a tail from the OFAB-250 but the tail of a clusterbomb made somewhere in the former Yugoslavia, I forgot the name of it but it could be filled with the RAB 3.5 bomblet ( a converted 82 mm mortar) and some other submunitions. If I am back at work I will take a picture and post it.
Greetings Erik.
hi blu97,
please do you have pics or drawings of that RAB 3.5 bomblet made of yugoslavian 82 mm mortar mine?
also do you have drawings and info about type of the fuze used on that mortar mines converted in bomblets?

Hi al'saad the clusterbomb is the KPT-150 and can contain RAB 3,5 bombs or PTAB ,5 KO.
Here a picture of the custerbomb filled with replica bomblets and the actual RAB 3,5. The fuze is a replica from the russian AM-A ( sorry forgot to check the nomenclature. As extra a pic of the RAB-16, a converted 120 mm mortar.

Attachments

• KPT 150.jpg
    KPT 150.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 98
  • RAB 3,5.jpg
    RAB 3,5.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 86
  • RAB 16.jpg
    RAB 16.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 82
cluster bomb

Nice Photo's BLU-97.

Who is that excellent photographer (ha,ha,ha):tinysmile_grin_t::tinysmile_grin_t::tinysmile_grin_t:

excellent pics blu,thanks so much:tinysmile_classes_t
please can you write down the text which is on the body of RAB-3,5 bomblet with black paint marked?

Hi Goran it took a bit long for the markings, but here they are.
On the foto it is difficult to read buth it is marked;
AB-3,5
M-50
T
what is under the T i cannot read.
For the RAB 16 is the same but of causse instead of 3,5 it is 16.
I am only wondering why we all them RAB when there is only AB stamped on the body.

Attachments

• DSCN0434.jpg
    DSCN0434.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN0435.jpg
    DSCN0435.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 20