What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old fuzes and components

US-Subs

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
John B's recent post looking for early fuze images reminded me of some photos I took a while back -

I visited a European museum a while back, looking for early chemical weapons and submunitions to photograph. They were kind enough to give me full access to their storage area, and while there I witnessed a large collection of early fuzes (sorry John, as far as I can tell, none that early). The majority were Austrian, but many other countries were represented as well. Time was limited, but I rushed through taking images of about 50 of their fuze boards, the first of which are shown here.

If there is interest by members and time permits, I will dig out more pictures and post later on.

Attachments

• Fuze 26-2.jpg
    Fuze 26-2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Fuze 27-1.jpg
    Fuze 27-1.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Fuze 27-2.jpg
    Fuze 27-2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Fuze 30.jpg
    Fuze 30.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Fuze 31-1.jpg
    Fuze 31-1.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 98
  • Fuze 31-3.jpg
    Fuze 31-3.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 106
  • Fuze 32-1.jpg
    Fuze 32-1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 104
  • Fuze 32-3.jpg
    Fuze 32-3.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 98
Nice stuff!

Quick, somebody check to see if Erhard and Dano are still breathing.

Great Collection;

Thanks US Subs,
However they are of a later time period than my studies. I primarily work in the 1861-1866 time frame in U.S. and British projectiles and fuzes and have probably over 140 coor plates of British alone.
ONce in a while I will meet someone who has two or three of these rare ones in their collection and that is mainly how I have added to my study. Since I am visually impaired with macular degeneration in both eyes I require high res, well focused and lighted closeups in order to render a drawing of a fuze. I normally work at X400 what you normally see on your screens. Thanks again for your kind interest.
All the Best,
John aka Bart