What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oooops

ordman

WARNING ......VERY GRAPHIC

MUST BE HE SKIPPED THE SECTION ON SUSTAINED FIRE AND ROUNDS COOKING OFF IN THE TUBE

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf0opIz9Mu0"]YouTube- (WARNING DISTURBING) Mortar Literally Backfires And Kills Terrorist[/ame]

Classic,,, one of my all time fav's....ribs are still hurting from laughter when i saw it firdst time :)

Mortar backfire ?

Hi All,Being ex-RAF,I dont know a lot about mortars,but could a mortar (hand held)get hot enough to "cook off"the fourth round after only firing three rounds in rapid fire or could the fourth round have been "doctored"in some way to make it detonate in the tube thus wiping out the mortar operator and destroying the weapon as well,in much the same way as the American soldiers did with caches of AK 47 ammunition in Viet Nam by removing the bullets and replacing the propellant with C4 then refitting the bullets in the cartridges,when fired the resulting explosion ruined the AK and also ruined the day of the person firing it,just a thought......
Regards,Don,

These guys fire all types of munitions, some in very good condition and others not. Some of the stuff I have seen would not be good to move let-a-lone fire!

His buddies were chanting "Allah-Akbar" with every round he fired. Aparently, Allah doesn't have his back covered anymore............Good riddance! Pat