What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OPFOR ammunition in 23x152B and 57x348SR

EOD

Is there any information on non US ammunition used in US OPFOR exercises?

In particular on 23x152B ZU-23 (series) and 57x348SR S-60 (series). I mean in particular the time before the fall of the USSR.

There exist 23x152B "break up" cartridges made by NWM (Holland) which are loaded into Soviet cases (unloaded ones from what ever stocks available during the cold war).
There were also tests for 57x348SR (and as I been told for 57x480R ZIS-2 series ammo). These two 57mm used the same projectile of which only a hand full were made and never loaded with iron dust itself. Means they were never produced as cartridges and sowith never fired or even fielded.
All these were meant for US OPFOR exercises but I never managed to find out if they (well the 23x152B) ever made it into US stocks or if all this was just development which went nowhere.

Any info would be highly appreciated (even disprove of the whole thing above). Also on any other ammunition they may use/have used in the OPFOR role (unless it was regular US ammo).