What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Padreborn area

thekees

Next year i'm going to Padreborn for my holiday. Any tips for places to go in the neearby, or markets etc? I'm going to the Panzer museum in Munster, but hope for more places to visit.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC00164.JPG
    DSC00164.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC00182.JPG
    DSC00182.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC00183.JPG
    DSC00183.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC00252.jpg
    DSC00252.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1115.jpg
    IMG_1115.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Kees,

A visit to restaurant Wassermuhler in Munster.
Order a Schweinen Axe and you do not have to eat for a week.
See You friday.
Chris

Paderborn had a second hand militaria shop in the mid 1980s and Bad Lippspringe (to the north?) had a good Chinese restaurant. There was also a very good Schnell Imbis (roadside chip bar) in Paderborn. The Joint Services Parachute Centre Lippspringe (JSPCL) was based nearby, west of the main north - south A1 road and some lakes, with a golf course immediately to the south. JSPCL had a bar for evening use - basic but cheap. The staff were always friendly and welcoming and there was a family atmosphere. People from various nations were free to go there, including civilians. But all that was a long time ago and those facilities may not be there now.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips so far, i will go for 7 days, and than for seven days to the Trier erea,

Kees