What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Painting techniques.

18pounder

Hi
just wondering if anyone would be interested in me doing a 'how to' with regards to painting and the various ways of obtaining diffrent finishers,like making wood/plastic look like metal.

Making stuff look old,weathering and stressing?
Its the same principles i use when making military models.

I have experiance in making and painting thearter props and didnt want to post anything that would bore you to death.

If that would be of any use to anyone restoring,let me know.
Doug

Yes i think it would be interesting to see as i am a professional painter and even i might learn something go ahead mate.
Cheers
Andy

Big yes 18pounder, I really like seeing others methods in restoration and rarely fail to pick up a new technique or two. The how to stuff is really fascinating to me. Procede sir!!..Dano

please post away ,whats boring to some is interesting to others, we can all learn something that we dont know or havnt tried

thanks, very kind
I intend to take any plastic or wooden object and show how it can be made to look metal.
that sort of thing.
give us a while though so i can sort it out properly with images......

I would never call myself a pro painter of any thing,but its fun and very satisfying when some one pics somthing up and says..

'oh i thought it was metal!'

doug

Sounds good to me

What you are doing can be applied to many other things and problems. I would be glad to see this.

Theatrical background, hmmm A nice Armstrong projectile decorated as a trophy from HMS Pinafore ~ now that would be something for the Lads;:xd:

Seriously I think we can stand to learn a lot here --- looking forward to it.

I would very much like to hear anything you have to say about painting techniques and materials!

John