What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panzerfaust 60m warhead weight?

harry2111

Premium Member
..a couple of photos of my new panzerfaust 60m. It has some of the original paint and markings still visible, but a bit indistinct, but at least it is in un-messed around with condition! I am not going to restore it, but stabilise and preserve, probably just using Ren wax.

Warhead is in good condition with no holes and some paint.

My question to you knowledgeable people is what was the weight of a live 60m warhead? I am looking to fill it with wax or similar, to give a more authentic weight and feel to it. Do you think wax is best or can anyone recommend another product?

Thanks very much
Matt
Copy%20of%20IMG_0183.JPG

Copy%20of%20IMG_0179.JPG

I would not advice to fill any inert ordnance items to original weight. If you one day get a visit by EOD people they immediately get nervous about such a suspiceous item.
I would rather keep it inert and put some rattling piece of metal inside.

I would not advice to fill any inert ordnance items to original weight. If you one day get a visit by EOD people they immediately get nervous about such a suspiceous item.
I would rather keep it inert and put some rattling piece of metal inside.

Very good advice indeed!
Most of my inert items have the 'rattler' inside. That was advice from a very good pal of mine in EOD.

chers

waff

Many years ago I purchased an inert shell filled with epoxy filler. For above mentioned reason I removed the filler and surprisingly noticed that someone had not taken all explosives out from the shell but some 1/3 of charge was still below filler!
So, when having a filled item you never can be sure what it is - neither does EOD and they rather destroy such items immediately.

Thanks a lot everybody for the sound advice.

Have to say that I did not give much thought to the fact that it may make it appear to be live!

I think I will leave it well alone as don't want a controlled explosion in my garden!

Thanks again