What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PD M35 alias T1E2 fuze information...

shelldude

Do any of our members possibly have an example of this rare PD fuze in their collection. If so, I would GREATLY appreciate a photograph of one if possible.
It was an upgrade of our MK III PD fuze and was in service a very short time during the late 1920's-1930's. It was brass construction.

Best regards,

Randall

Attachments

• P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 63
  • P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 68
Randall,

I have one labeled T1-E2. The body is brass, but the mushroom firing pin on the nose is steel. I will shoot some photos tomorrow.

T1 E2 fuze pics

Hi Randall, here are some from my collection...
Mrfuze, USA

Attachments

• T1 E2, 1.jpg
    T1 E2, 1.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 41
  • T1 E2 , 1a.jpg
    T1 E2 , 1a.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 40
Erhard,

If you look at Randall's data sheets, the safety clip goes in the middle of the fuze, not on the top.

When the fuze is unfired, the brass sleeve is pushed against the firing pin. Inertia breaks the shear pin holding the sleeve up, so the sleeve moves down, allowing the firing pin to push in on impact.

At least, that is the way I understand it.

John

Hello Erhard & John,

Erhard, THANKS for the photographs of your M35 PD fuze. At least now I've seen a real one.

John, Your description of the functioning of the fuze is 100% correct. Erhard has placed a steel washer under the spiral to prevent damage to his fuze, so I suspect he positioned the safety sleeve in the fired position on purpose. That's my guess...

Best regards,

Randall