What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF Japanese Ammunition - US Navy Bomb Disposal School

BOUGAINVILLE

Hi to all Japanese Ordnance Collectors,

I have just completed another PDF file. It is 170 MB in size and I had to upload it to Scribd due to size limitation of 100 MB on BOCN.

This is a manual on Japanese Ammunition given to graduates of the US Navy Bomb Disposal School. I have tried to produce a top quality PDF file but was hampered by the fact that I had to work from good quality photocopies rather than an original copy. The illustrations are perfect due to the fact that the photocopier copied in black scale but the photos suffered as gray scale would've done them more justice.

Some of the information contained within this document is priceless and hard to find in other documents. For myself I was able to find information on my newly acquired Navy Type 91 Fuze variation with a gear ring for automated setting. This information was not found in any of the other manuals and documents that I have, and I have a heap of them.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/63519199/Japanese-Ammunition-US-Navy-Bomb-Disposal-School-July-1945

This PDF is a must for any collector of Japanese Ordnance. It covers 40mm and above but is not all inclusive but never the less, as already mentioned, contains information which is hard to find elsewhere.

Happy downloading,
Cheers,
BOUGAINVILLE

Hi Bouganville,
I tried to download and it wanted me to sign in.
Perhaps I selected the wrong download button.
Can you describe how to make this download?
Tahnk you,
John aka Bart.
MEIU#4 wrote the drafrt of this publication and the BD School published it for all WWII BD teams.
After the war all the MEIU documents were converted to OP (Ordnance Phamplet).
In 1947 the BD and MD schools were combined, moved to Indian Head, Maryland and the Navy Powder Factory and was renamed the EOD School.
a tidbit....

Hi John,

Try signing up to Scribd. You will be amazed at the wealth of PDF files that one can download and all for free. Once you have signed up you shouldn't have any problems downloading this PDF or any of the other of my Japanese Ordnance related PDF files that were over the 100 MB limit for uploading to BOCN.

Cheers,
BOUGAINVILLE

Thanks Robert for taking the time to scan this rare old manual. J. Philip David was the last OinC of the BD School when it was located on the campus of the American University in NW Washington, D.C. It closed its doors and was decommissioned in Oct. 1945.
Regards,
John aka Bart