What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

petard raquettes model 1915 German

Petard raquettes were manufactured in the front lines with a 206 gram regulation explosive charge recognizable by their primer channel located in the center of the zinc envelope. There were infinate variations generally made of ration tins loaded with black powder, bullets, hobnails, or scrap iron. A more elaborate petard raquette was manufactured behind the lines. This model, characterized by its percussion igniter and hinged fastener on one end of the can, came in several sizes, some 70cm long and containing 1 kilogram of explosive (sometimes nicknamed"Hairbrush"). Petard raquettes reappeared in 1945 with "behelfshandgranate" amd "Volkshandgranate" series, improvised from 100 gram "Bohrpatrone" cartridges.

Attachments

• petard.jpg
    petard.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 49
heres a few pics of my examples
paul

Attachments

• Page6Petard1.jpg
    Page6Petard1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Page6petard1head.jpg
    Page6petard1head.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Page6Petard2.jpg
    Page6Petard2.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Page6petard2Head.jpg
    Page6petard2Head.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 26
and a few more.
the head on the first one has loads of scrap iron still in it.
the last one is austrian and wrapped in barbed wire!
paul.

Attachments

• Page6racket1.jpg
    Page6racket1.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Page6racketgren2.jpg
    Page6racketgren2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Page9Barbedwire.jpg
    Page9Barbedwire.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 35
A-1 Paul

Hi Paul, I'm in absolute awe, quite an assembly of Central Powar petard raquette grenades. I would guess you know just how rare these jewels are. I believe the round head ones are considered offensive grenades. Quite an ensemble. Bravo..Dano

repros.

There are a number of repros out there but very easy to spot since the majority were made not to fool but to display. When you've seen a number of them the differences are more often than not fairly obvious...Dano

racquette petard m1915 Germany

Here is the line drawing for the German 1915 petard raquette grenade

Attachments

• Picture 044.jpg
    Picture 044.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 36