What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pistol ammo for the IPSC competitions

Lewis

I have just realized that the various classes of IPSC competitions (open vs limited, major vs minor, etc) drive quite a few special loads and special headstamps. I recently ran across 9x19mm cartridges headstamped .355 Special which said on the box that they were not to be used in Standard 9MM. Also ran across a headstamp WS VX 9MM which apparently was issued for shooting at the IPSC competition in Indonesia, perhaps last year, and called "World Shoot 40)!!! It appears there are other 9x19mm loads and headstamps that are unique to this IPSC world. Would like to hear from, be put in contact with people who compete or are otherwise involved in this world. Lots to learn. Any help appreciated!!!

Cheers, Lew

Sorry, I screwed up this posting. The headstamp was "WS XV" for World Shoot XV (15) in Bali in 2008. The IPSC website said that this ammo in a number of calibers was all made by Armscorp specifically for the shoot and all had a special headstamp. Should be about 4 or 5 other calibers including perhaps 5.56mm.

World Shoot 14 was held in 2003 in Ecuador and Armscorp also supplied ammo for the shoot, but it isn't clear if it has a unique headstamp.

Has anyone seen any of this stuff???