What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Help Me ID This!

CFS_Ammo

Was wondering if anyone here could help me Id this projectile. I've had no luck figuring this one out.

WTF 3.JPG

Hi,

Dimensions would help a lot, but the mere shape of it looks a heckuva lot like a British 76x230R ARMDC Smoke (or was it Illuminating) projectile I have somewhere.
Mine doesn't have the protruding part at the base; I'm assuming this to be a tracer element.

Cheers,
Olafo

Looks a bit like a 20-Pdr base-ejection smoke shell that has been fired, but not ejected the smoke pots.

CFS Ammo, doubt you will find the definitive answer you seek. ogreve ID'ed the projectile. What is wrong with this picture?

I dont get the Tracer unit fitted to a BE projectile,,is it taken at a training school and put there to throw the students a bit ???

Before this thread causes too much confusion, I will clarify this picture. It is a 76mm Smk BE projectile with the plug representing fuze and tracer from a 76mm SH/Prac shoved into the base. It was found during a range clearance, presumable assembled by someone that was bored. The photo was taken during the third level screening and was sent to several people (students of sorts) to see if they could come up with the answer. One of them then posted it here looking for the quick answer.