What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please ID 47 mm projectile

here is data from TM9-1985-6

if i'm wrong hope that someone will correct me

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 45
I'm not certain, but I don't think the Italian 47 has its rotating band that high. Offhand the only ones I can remember are the Russian 45s. I'll dig a little later, sometime back I photographed about a hundred Italian WWII projos that they had dumped in a back room at their EOD school, it seems there were some 47s in there. The question is whether the pictures are in the NL or the US....

I talking about my projectile.You said it's Italian. My 47 mm projectile has green band. It's Italian marking?
Do you have some info about marking?
Alex

While I'm still not 100% convinced (TM 9-1985 series has never been the best reference) I haven't got the books here with me and the only photo I have is in the case - so I'll have to concede.

Here are the photos I have of the Italian projos.

Attachments

• D-O-PJO-002.jpg
    D-O-PJO-002.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 42
  • D-O-PJO-003.jpg
    D-O-PJO-003.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 33
i meant how you got projectile? are you sure that painting is original and do you know where it was before? as i know those projos were not marked with colored bends, but i only found several rusted pieces.

us subs, there are several photos of projo on link i posted. i also have a photos of case base with stamps designating 47/32.

Last edited:
By the way, yes, a green band just above the rotating band is common to many of the Italian projos. Can't remember why, but it is on about 80% of the projos I photographed, always in the same location and the same dark shade of green.

I have three projectiles, and the rotating band is in the middle just as Al'saad has described. They look very much like the 45mm Russian.

Yes my projectile doesn't have all rotation band. It was demaged but one part is remained. I marked this part with red.

My projectile came from my contry. Here in some plec was German storages in WWII. Here was a lot of WWI and WWII munition from different countries. ( Russian, German, French, US, and others )
Alex