What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PMR-U stake mine, Bosnia

pzgr40

Premium Member
Cutaway model of a Bosnian PMR-U stake mine as used in the Yugoslav wars of the 90’s of the last century. The mine has a two piece plastic body (made from a film roll container I was told, maybe someone can confirm or disprove this), housing an appr. 100grams commercial stick of explosives surrounded by fragmentation, cut from 6mm diameter wire. This fragmentation is normally cast in Plaster of Paris (Calcium sulphate), left away in this cutaway model as it causes the steel fragmentation to rust severely.
The fuze used here is the UMPR-2A pull fuze, used in combination with the M67percussion detonator assembly.
Another fuze used with this mine is the UMP-1 fuze (Yugoslave version of the ZZ42) which is used in a modified version of the mine with a larger hole in top as this fuze is not screwed in top, but pushed into the explosives.
The stake is made from locally found materials, in this case armouring wire for concrete.
The effective range is appr. 10 mtrs, the danger zone around the mine is much larger.
As the mine is locally made, many different versions can be observed, differing in materials used, explosives and fuzes used.

Diameter mine body : 75mm over body, 84mm over connection ring
Length mine body : 115mm ( with thread stub for fuze)
Length complete mine : 480mm (top fuze to base stake)

Regards, Pzgr.40.

Attachments

• 01 - PMR-U stake mine, Bosnia.jpg
    01 - PMR-U stake mine, Bosnia.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 02 - PMR-U stake mine, Bosnia.JPG
    02 - PMR-U stake mine, Bosnia.JPG
    268.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 03 - PMR-U stake mine, Bosnia.jpg
    03 - PMR-U stake mine, Bosnia.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited: