What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poltewerke

TonyE

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Whilst Beltring was great and it was good to meet up with old friends, there was very little there in the way of SAA that was of interest.

However, there were some Bulgarian 8 x 50R drill rounds in rather tatty 10 round paper packets. They had blue wood bullets and the anvil had been set down to produce a blind primer pocket. Most of the headstamps were standard Bulgarian 1933 dated cases with the lion etc but I noticed a couple of strangers in there so I bought a packet.

Three of the cases were WWI Polte made with a headstamp "P M 6 17". They will go nicely with my German WWI made 8mm Lebel and 7.62 x 54R rounds.

I will post pictures shortly.

Do you want one Ron?

Regards
TonyE

Thanks for the offer Tony but don't collect German SAA anymore. Sorry l could not make Beltring as l really wanted to meet up with you and it would seem l missed a few good items. By the way, you can always bell me on the following: 02086402356 - best time is mid day. during the week days. As ever, Ron:eek:oh::tinysmile_eyebrow_t:tinysmile_fatgrin_t l like the last smile best !

Polte

OK Ron, will do.

Here is the picture of the 8 x 50R round and headstamps.

Regards
TonyE

Attachments

• Polte 8 x 50.jpg
    Polte 8 x 50.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 47