What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Polystyrene zus40 ??????????????

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
Just found in a 1940s document reference to a POLYSTYRENE Zus40...anyone know anything about this ?? is it the same polystyrene stuff we have today ?

Attachments

• 22 Zus 40 page 3.jpg
    22 Zus 40 page 3.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 53
oh you KNOB,ive just noticed i mis-read what was written in the document ,,it actually says POLYSTRENE so 2 questions now
is it a spelling mistake ?
or if not what is polystrene ?

Hello Spotter! The plastic is the same as it is today still used. Harry

Attachments

• Zusatzznder40.jpg
    Zusatzznder40.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 51
Allan,

There are two common types of polystyrene.

Expanded Polystyrene is the familiar light white stuff used for packing etc.

Polystyrene (unexpanded) is a clear cheap plastic used for things like CD jewell cases. It takes good detail.

I hope this helps,

Will.

brilliant thank you to you both ,i automatically thought of the fluffy white stuff ,didnt realise it could be solid as well thanks for showing and explaining it to me....
regards allan

brilliant thank you to you both ,i automatically thought of the fluffy white stuff ,didnt realise it could be solid as well thanks for showing and explaining it to me....
regards allan

Speed reading again eh pal!:xd:
I gotto admit i didnt know that the particular ZuS40 in question was made of the same stuff as today either?
Good info chaps. :)
best

waff

polywhatchamacallit

polystrene and polystyrene "appear" to be one and the same according to google? Dano

Last edited: