What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

possible german 250kg bomb

As I see this bomb's nose sharper than German 250kg bomb's nose. And the fins also different than the German ones.

As I see this bomb's nose sharper than German 250kg bomb's nose. And the fins also different than the German ones.

It certainly seems more pointed than a 250kg but that could be the suspension lug still in place.

and the tails are damaged but do look 250:wink:

Best phil

I agree here,however this particular one could be a slight variant for 'bunker busting' (hence sharper nose?)

best

waff

Last edited:
Hi Al'Saad,

why did they write 100 kg in the commentar ? When you have them, send us the dimensions.

Yoda

I'm not sure looking the pics, but I think more on a russian BRAB 220. We must wait on more details : fuzing, dimensions,...

Yoda

A good side view would be nice, and some idea of the lifting lug(s) could tell a lot as well.

Yoda, images and comment are published on a local web portal, and taken and written by an amateur journalist.
I will do the survey day after tomorrow and then i will provide more detailed information.
Anyway I did some homework last night searching my library and found these pieces of information:
-city Prozor where bomb is found was during WWII included in puppet state 'Neovisna Drzava Hrvatska' and was in Italian zone of interest.
-during WWII Tito's Partisans were taking Prozor 3 times from occupant.
-Prozor was heavily aerial bombed in 2 periods during 1942 and 1943 (i didn't figured out by who)
-historically there is no evidence of any force using Russian bombs bombing Prozor.

OK Al'Saad, thanks for historical details.
We wait your technical information.
Good work.

Yoda