What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Primer?

westyork123

Afternoon...

I`m quite new to this and wanted some advice.

When buying cartridge cases how important is it to have the primer intact? The issue is I have a couple of WW2 carts without primers and am not sure what to do with them (get rid or keep) and also for future reference do I avoid buying cases without primers?
Sadly no pictures available at the moment.

Any advice would be great,

Matt

Buy buy buy !

Matt the way things are going these days I would not worry about having a primer in each case as they can turn up separately on occasion!

You will see on the forum here that people have requested just a component part for an incomplete item they have and the missing items quiet often turns up with another collector.

Just my opinion as I ended up with spares for just about everything.

Considering the way that governments are becoming more aggressive in the anti-ordnance paranoia, you should buy whatever you can afford/find/or want. Here in the states, the disposal rules on cases are to split the mouth, and often crush flat and then punch a hole through the side. It is insane.

Be overjoyed if you can find anything large and intact with or without a primer!