What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PTM-4

stecol

I'm looking for information and images about anti-tank scatterable mine PTM-4 and its weapon system (KPTM-4).
Please, could you help me in this search ?
Thank You

Best Regards
Stecol

PTM_4_01.jpg

Many Thanks Ammodillo,

Any infos and/or images about modern russian mines are always welcome.

But if You can help me on this almost unknown PTM-4, I will be very grateful to You.

Sincerely
Stecol

..the trouble is that te latest info (Jane's 2001) i have is on the predecessor (PTM-3).

PTM-3
Description

The PTM-3 scatterable anti-tank mine was first shown publicly during early 1993. It is dispensed in the KPTM-3 mine canister using a man-portable PKM mine dispensing unit, the UMZ mine scattering system, or the VSM-1 helicopter mine scattering system. PKM can launch a single canister 20 to 50 m. The UMZ, which carries 180 canisters in four K-29 containers, has a range of 60 to 80 m. The VSM-1 system carries 116 canisters.
The mine casing is made from heavy gauge steel sheet and is basically square in cross-section. Each of the sides has a U-shaped indentation to form a linear shaped charge, so that one will be facing upwards no matter how the mine lands. One end of the mine is also dished to form a shaped charge, while the other holds the integral magnetic influence fuze.
On impact, a piezo fuze initiates the EKV-30M propelling charge, which ejects the mine from the canister. A two-stage pyrotechnic and electronic safe-arming delay mechanism arms the mine after 60 seconds. The fuze is powered by a single, replaceable RTs53U battery, and is initiated by the magnetic signature of a target passing overhead. The shaped charge is claimed to be capable of penetrating the tank's belly armour or destroying the tracks. The mine will self-destruct after a period of 16 to 24 hours.

Specifications

Weight: 4.9 kg
Weight of mine in canister: 8.5 kg
Length: 330 mm
Width: 84 mm
Weight of explosive: 1.8 kg
Type of explosive: TG-40: TNT/RDX (60/40)

However, maybe you wil find more info on Google using this info;

VO GED General Export for Defence
113324 Moscow Russia
Tel: (+7 095) 231 00 49
Fax: (+7 095) 233 18 13

PS: number 4 is probably still classified and undisclosed information for the public.