What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question : Berlin

pzgr40

Premium Member
Question, in a few weeks I am going for a holliday to Berlin: Does anybody know an interesting WW2 museum or historical point to visit in -or close around- Berlin?

Regards, DJH

Talk to Joop about the mortar collector, I think it was J.B. see if he is still around. Well worth a visit.

Hallo DJH,
the "Zitadelle Spandau",in Berlin-Spandau is the birthplace of the "German-Prussian " "Feuerwerkerei". It's where the "Feuerwerkslaboratorium" was situated and where the early 19th century rockets were made. Many old fuzes up till WW1 were manufactured there. It's nothing for WW2 enthusiasts but for people imnterested in history a must. There also is a good new aviation history museum with some rare WW2 planes that I havn't visited myself as yet.
Regards,
Bellifortis.

Hey Derk Jaap

You might want to check out the museum at Seelow, the entire oderbruch area, the woods east and south (Halbe) of Berlin.
beware of ERW though!!!