What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question : What is this german case ?

kz11gr

Hello

Seen on internet (old auction). The seller said : 120mm x 310 mm x 135mmR

But i do not know such a case for 120mm or 122mm or 125mm or 127mm. Perhaps cut ?

Have you an idea ?

Best regards

Attachments

• case1.jpg
    case1.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 50
  • case2.jpg
    case2.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 31
  • case3.jpg
    case3.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 51
  • case4.jpg
    case4.jpg
    617.6 KB · Views: 50
I do not know the gun for this case, but my list does mention a 120 mm case with actual dimensions 118x311R135 case that exists both in brass and steel. It seems not cut down.

I do not know the gun for this case, but my list does mention a 120 mm case with actual dimensions 118x311R135 case that exists both in brass and steel. It seems not cut down.
Thank you
sold on ebay.

no more informations

hi

A friend , french writer, who knows the ww1 artillery, Bernard Delsert has some informations :
there are two tracks.
1) 120mm Krupp howitzer intended for SWITZERLAND. A 120mm cannon is in Pozières at TOMMY CAFE near ALBERT in the Somme.
2) This unidentified 120mm case seems rather intended for a long cannon of the type of those under the dome of the German fortified region around Metz
It is possible that Rheinmetall was consulted for this contract and would have manufactured a case.

Attachments

• OBUSIER  Krupp destiné à la SUISSE (tommy cafe).jpg
    OBUSIER Krupp destiné à la SUISSE (tommy cafe).jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 5
Switzerland does not seem likely to me, knowing a steel case exists as well which is typical for war time use.

Switzerland does not seem likely to me, knowing a steel case exists as well which is typical for war time use.
No it is not said that it is for switzerland , but on ly that a 12cm Krupp export for switzerland gun exists. It is said that it is probably a gun under dome of the German fortified region around Metz.