What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question?

V40

What ever happened to the "Brunswick" attack munition. This is the one in which it could be launched from the M16A1. I beleive it was called the "140mm Brunswick RAW HESH Rocket". Yes, the same company that makes Bowling Balls.

In Jane's Infantry Weapons, 1990-1991 has a great write up on this weapon, but it doesn't say anything about what happened to it over the couple of years when it was being tested?

What ever happened to the "Brunswick" attack munition. This is the one in which it could be launched from the M16A1. I beleive it was called the "140mm Brunswick RAW HESH Rocket". Yes, the same company that makes Bowling Balls.

In Jane's Infantry Weapons, 1990-1991 has a great write up on this weapon, but it doesn't say anything about what happened to it?

V40
Mark
"MACVSOG Living Historian"

V40
Mark

Last edited:
Mine is fired, and a bit beat up.

Attachments

• RAW.jpg
    RAW.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 30
Brunswick Launcher

This is the launcher for US-Subs Grenade.

Attachments

• jeep.jpg
    jeep.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 33
John,

do you mean that it is still in use today or did it just last a short time?

MA012,

Nice picture of the launcher itself. It shows me everything I have seen in written text. It also tell's me allot of info on the weapons system of operation. Great job!

US-Subs,

Great picture of the actual warhead. Does it have any internals to see?

V40
Mark

As far as I know, Brunswick is still trying to market the device. The launcher shown is one of the more recent designs as is US-Subs' projectile. The original projectiles were spherical balls. If you google "Riflemans assault weapon" you will find a lot of info on the device.

They have played around with shaped charges in the warheads, different fuzing, etc. They used to do testing at Camp Pendleton USMC base North of San Diego. The Brunswick facility involved was in the Santa Ana area of S. Calif.

Thanks John.

I will do that and thank you for some great info.

V40
Mark