What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions regarding a refurbished B166

Nick Berry

I don't know if this should be in this sub-forum or 'Ammunition Packaging and Containers' but as it relates to a refurbished box I thought I better post it here.

As a reenactor I purchased a B166 with the idea of using it to store kit (and provide a handy seat) while at events. I was originally just going to paint it brown, however after joining BOCN I decided to replicate an original and actually use it as part of a display.

I have a couple of questions really.

1) I have some repro cardboard carriers for the PIAT rounds but when fitted they seem to move about alot. Are they too short or (as I suspect) were spacers fitted at each end to keep the carriers 'snug'?

2) I know the B166 boxes used for the 3" mortar rounds had filling labels pased onto the inside of the lid. Did PIAT boxes receive the same treatment and if so does anyone have an image of one for me to have ago at reproducing?

Many thanks.

Nick

Attachments

• 141214-_DSC0318.jpg
    141214-_DSC0318.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 141214-_DSC0319.jpg
    141214-_DSC0319.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 141214-_DSC0320.jpg
    141214-_DSC0320.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 47
I assume from that wave of silence nobody knows? I'm currently using waxed cardboard at each end to cut down the 'rattle' but would be interested to know what other members think?

Thanks, Nick