What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re "International Technology, S.A." firm, of Spain; manufactured ALD low-drag bombs

DJig2013

Ordnance approved
Premium Member
As part of some ongoing research, I'm trying to gather what i can about "International Technology, S.A.," of Spain, apparently of Madrid. In the 1980s (and I believe beyond, perhaps through 2000), it manufactured ALD-series bombs. Does anyone know the status of this firm now? Was it bought up? Is it doing business under a new name? Or perhaps defunct? I've been told it also manufactured artillery projectiles, which means it may have had a significantly larger product line than aviation bombs.

Thanks for that thought, EOD. I reached out to MAXAM-Expal. One of their officials answered the firm "has never been part of MAXAM-EXPAL Group." the same gentleman said International Technology closed some time ago and is not operating any more. So, back to square one...

He didn't really offer many details. He suggested he had asked around in-house and someone told him that the other firm had gone belly up some time ago. In Spain, where once these firms were competitors, it could well be that people noticed the passing of a rival. But it is odd that a firm (IT) that once had a prominent export history would vanish with so little trace.

As Spanish aircraft bombs used to show up in all sort of twilight conflict regions it might serve a purpose that the company "disappeared" - saving many people from too many qustions (including the govt.).