What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Relic No 80 Mk VII

smle2009

Hi to all,
not my area of collecting but re-come across this WW1 relic No 80 Mk VII fuze while having bit of a sort out and looking for some info on a couple of points.
It's 1917 dated and Canadian,is the 3104-17 the full date or is 3104 a serial/batch number?
What does BMC stand for,thought it was a manufacturers code but noticed it is also marked N.E.Co or are they both manufacturers codes and fuzes were assembled using parts from different manufactures?
Would the remains of the orange band be a gasket/sealant?
Lastly from the remains of the fuze carrier is it possible to id what shell it was in? guessing a 18pr because of the period.

Think I have just answered my own question about the date/serial No as April has only 30 days in it!!!!Doh:tongue:

Cheers
Tony

PB090013.jpgPB090016.jpgPB090017.jpgPB090015.jpgPB090018.jpg

Hi Tony, i can't help too much other than what you have said and can comfirm it is from a 18pdr, nice relic by the way.
Andy

Thanks Andy,
nice to know what shell it came from,another nice thing about this piece is that I know were it came from

Cheers
Tony