What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rifle grenades?

navyman

Hello,
Can someone give me any info on these inert grenades? I believe the left hand one is Polish and the other Russian, and that both are used with the AK47. I dont know if they are discharged by a blank of some sort or rocket propelled, or whether they need a special launcher or attachment?
Any help appreciated,
Best regards,
navyman.

Attachments

• r grens 1a.jpg
    r grens 1a.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 54
Polish Rifle Grenades

Hi,
They're both Polish rifle grenades.
The one on the left is the PGN-60Cw practice model of the PGN 60 anti tank rifle grenade,
The one on the right is a CGN artillery training device. It is fired from a rifle clamped into a special mount that is fitted with artillery sights. It could be used on smaller ranges to practice laying an artillery piece on target.
Full descriptions can be found in Darryl Lynn's "Grenade Recognition Manual Volume 3 - Warsaw Pact".

Thanks oktato,
I will have to look out for a copy of Darryl Lynns book. Do you know if it's still in print?
Does the PGN 60 need a special attachment for the rifle and is it for use with the AK47?
Do you have any pictures?
I think that's enough questions for the time being!
Many thanks again,
navyman.

Hi ,you have a practice grenades for rifle grenade launcher 1960 (KBK GN Wz.60)
10 rounds magazine ,the grenade launcher screws onto the forward end of the rifle barrel ,etc.

Attachments

• strona_65_gran1960.jpg
    strona_65_gran1960.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 16
Hello 1944kam21,
Thanks for that, is the grenade propelled by a blank or ball round. Please excuse my constant questions, I'm trying to learn about ordnance which I've not used in the past.
Very best regards,
navyman.

Hello 1944kam21,
Thanks for that, is the grenade propelled by a blank or ball round. Please excuse my constant questions, I'm trying to learn about ordnance which I've not used in the past.
Very best regards,
navyman.
All polish army rifle grenades can be only used with blank round!