What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rkt Mtr Section

ljmathews

Hi everyone,
Need some help with ID. Other then the fact that this is an expended rocket motor section I have been unable to identify it or the ordnance it is used with. It is 12 inches in length, 104mm in width at its thinnest point, and 125mm at its thickest point. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

*images re added from what i saved when getting the ID for this after original images had been removed from photobucket...please try use the forums image software to save losing images which are vital to posts such as this making any sense to present and future members

Attachments

• dsc01406__1_.jpg
    dsc01406__1_.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 3
  • dsc01407__1_.jpg
    dsc01407__1_.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
could looks very similar to a AT-11 Sniper Rocket Motor? If so here are some details:

"The Refleks, AT-11 Sniper NATO-codename, is a subsonic laser beam riding anti-tank missile designed to be fired through a 125mm smoothbore gun. It provides extended range and enhanced lethality over conventional rounds fired by the 125mm gun. A tandem shaped charge warhead has been provided to the Refleks missile in order to defeat Explosive Reactive Armor (ERA) protected Main Battle Tanks".

However, it is English writing and if RUSSIAN it would have Cyrillic's. This looks very much like a USA Item Surface to Surface missile As I said its a guess from the details on the item, I would, hand on heart say it was USA.

Attachments

• 3ubk20big8tb.jpg
    3ubk20big8tb.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Confirmed by the gunners on ARRSE (ARmy Rumour SErvice) as UK first stage K119A3 (Gridded Brambling) motor from the HVM K130A3 and K130A4.known as the "starstreak" can be mounted several modes ,vehicle,helicopter,man.
more info here http://www.army-technology.com/projects/starstreak/

Attachments

• 4-armoured-vehicle-system.jpg
    4-armoured-vehicle-system.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
certainly am off work mate,been on sick for 5 weeks now and its doing my head in,,but gives me plenty of opportunity to try and help with identifying stuff etc for you all...