What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rocket Help Please

Temple

Good evening, or morning, depending on where you are in the world.
I have been searching for some info on this rockwt motor presented below. I will apologize now, these are the only two pictures i currently have.
Any help getting an identification for this rocket would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to look at this post.
IMG_20231115_184028.jpgIMG_20231115_184034.jpg

With the nozzle block held by a simple circlip and fins welded very primitively it's probably improvised from civilian parts and not a factory made product which has an official designation.

I wouldnt condemn a circlip as being a made up civilian piece. If this is a practice piece then the removal of the circlip would make it easier to replace the rocket motor rather than being crimped in. The WW2 British Spigot mortar round has a large circlip to hold the tail drum on. The tail fins look like domed rivets than large blobs of welds and the flexible type that wraps around the body like the Panzerfaust that is contained in a tube before firing and springs open when relased.