What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roya Engineers Roll of Honour Bomb Disposal

Fossil

For the past 27 months we have been updating our Roll to include grave/memorial photos and as much info as we can find, we are on the last 9 all listed below any near you any chance of a photo or two please.

1922152 Driver Mervyn Tasse Andrews.
Buried at Saint Ellyw Churchyard No 2 Extension, Llanelly. Row 14 Grave 9.

2128800 Sapper Hyman Calton.
Buried at Moro River Canadian War Cemetery, Italy. Grave XIL C 1.

1913372 Sapper Patrick Carney.
Buried at Salerno War Cemetery, Italy. Grave III D 37.

742902 Sapper Frank George Hawkins.
Norwood Cemetery. Section 58. Grave 12463.

2128062 Lance Corporal George Frederick Kettle.
Buried at Cesena War Cemetery Italy. Grave VI. A. 13.

204995 Lieutenant Brian Malcolm Macdonald Sinclair.
Buried at Salerno War Cemetery. Grave III. D. 39.

Last edited:
Super topic!

Ive been hoping for a similar one for a long time,although i do know there is a site already with this info.
I shall have another chinwag with my old pal Spott to see if he will let this one run?

cheers

waff

Waff the answers still NO.The site i told you about is the one Fossil requires the above Photos from the listed cemetarys to complete .

Waff the answers still NO.The site i told you about is the one Fossil requires the above Photos from the listed cemetarys to complete .

Ah! Gotcha now,

Mind you ive been out for a scoop or two so i suppose i didnt read the question properly.

regards

waff

Hopefully some of our overseas members will be able to help Fossil.
The following is from Fossils site
"Since January 2007, we have been working on the Roll of Honour, taking it from just a list of names, into a larger more informative format. Each individual from our first casualty in 1940 to Si and Luke in 2003, will have their own pages, with as much information as possible and a photo of their graves/memorials. We have a publisher and any profits are going towards repairs on some memorials/stones and hopefully to get markers on a couple who are buried in common graves, shared by other's with no markers. The whole Roll will also be on this site."

http://royalengineersbombdisposal-eod.org.uk/

Please keep us updated Fossil

Cheers Blu
Have come across it beforeand am going to use their copy of the RAF Roll to add as an apendix at the end of ours alongside the Nanvy and Logistics corp

Hi
Justed edited the original entry down to the last few. Cheers to all for the assistance so far.

Pete

Job Well Done!

Pete,
Good to see that the task is almost complete and I know the work that you have put in to it, with the help of all us other members,so lets hope that these few Hero's graves that are still to be visited can be covered by folk on the summer break.

Again Well Done,
John (Mad) Green

RE BD Roll

Cheers John.
Couldnt have got anywhere near where we are today without the marvelous support given by everybody. I have found the project as you say time consuming but worth every minute. The response has been so varied not just the BD/EOD network but people who until the found out about it didnt realy have a clueof what went on, has been good to spread the word of our forgotten heros
Pete

Hi Pete
Its certinly interesting to know that one of those killed with Captain Blaney in the East end of London is buried in Pinner new cemetary, i now visit the grave every couple of months .
steve

Roll of honour

Pete,
Will do this one and get details back ASAP,

1941280 Sapper William Birtwhistle.
Buried at Saint James Churchyard, Calderbrook, Lancashire. Row 20 Grave 16.

EODONE :tinysmile_shy_t:

Roll of Honour

Fossil,
I've sent off Spr W Birtwistle's Photo & Details, His name on the tomb stone is spelt "Birtwistle" no H. How many more do you have to get?

REgards John.

RE BD Roll of Honour

Hi John

Thanks for that will be e-mailing Robert later with thanks, copy of what we have left below.

Wales i hope is coming this weekend if not i do know have contact details for the Reverend. Two not on list in Hamburg Murg said he would get this week. Hawkins Gary is going to do. Two in Salerno on promise for July. I have another two who we have no details of where buried i am awaiting replies from the familys.

I still cannot believe that we are so near completion.

Bloody good show

All the best to you all for the support
Fos

1922152 Driver Mervyn Tasse Andrews.
Buried at Saint Ellyw Churchyard No 2 Extension, Llanelly. Row 14 Grave 9.

2128800 Sapper Hyman Calton.
Buried at Moro River Canadian War Cemetery, Italy. Grave XIL C 1.

1913372 Sapper Patrick Carney.
Buried at Salerno War Cemetery, Italy. Grave III D 37.

742902 Sapper Frank George Hawkins.
Norwood Cemetery. Section 58. Grave 12463.

2128062 Lance Corporal George Frederick Kettle.
Buried at Cesena War Cemetery Italy. Grave VI. A. 13.

204995 Lieutenant Brian Malcolm Macdonald Sinclair.
Buried at Salerno War Cemetery. Grave III. D. 39.

Possible assistance

I will pass your message again to our SWO at Borgo Piave, Italy.
He might be able to help you

Regards

Luc

Roll of Honour

Pete,
That's "Brill" it compares with the Good news on the Gurkha's! if all else fails in Wales I've got a contact that may do it, do you think Murg will be safe in Hamburg? and what will you do when it's all complete.

Great Stuff Lets keep it going :tinysmile_shy_t:
John

RE BD Roll

Pete,
That's "Brill" it compares with the Good news on the Gurkha's! if all else fails in Wales I've got a contact that may do it, do you think Murg will be safe in Hamburg? and what will you do when it's all complete.

Great Stuff Lets keep it going :tinysmile_shy_t:
John

John
After much worrying i can report that Murg has returned safely from Hamburg, with our two casualties photos. No reports of any excursions to the more seedier parts of the town.

I am hoping from a message on facebook that one of the lads is visiting Wales over the weekend, somebody did visit a couple of months ago but could not locate the grave, possibly a family headstone not a Commonwealth War Grave one. Full back position is a letter to the local Reverend the Welsh tourist information have been really helpfull and found out who it is and snail mail address, i have written a letter and will post Tuesday if other way does not work out.

Have started the second part of the project and hoping to get it done in a couple of months, i have got to go through them all cross reference check details and put into a format for publishing, publisher lined up just got to sort details. Other part is to get onto web still knocking round a few ideas to get the best option.

Then publish and have a few beers celebrate and move onto getting some form of markers on those graves without headstones.

Who says lifes dull.

Have a nice weekend
Fos

Cesena War Cemetery

Hi
Me again Roll of Honour has reached its final stage one left in Cesena any takers please

2128062 Lance Corporal George Frederick Kettle. Buried at Cesena War Cemetery Italy. Grave VI. A. 13.

Sadly since this project was started our Roll of Honour has increased by two

Cpl Loren Marlton Thomas and Spr David Watson

Duty done stand easy