What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian 125MM APFSDS-T Projectile With Sabot - ID HELP

apfsds

Premium Member
Thanks to a new friend and BOCN member, Marcus "SdKfz251", I just added this beautiful, INERT, Russian 125MM APFSDS-T projectile to my collection. This is my first Russian tank fired APFSDS specimen represented in my collection. There are lots of markings on this projectile but none are recognizable to me. I am hoping someone here may be able to ID this exact projectile's Type Classification so I can do additional research on it. So many look like it with very subtile differences.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Marcus, very grateful for all of your help and efforts!

Jason

IMG_4024.jpg

IMG_4020.jpg

IMG_4031.jpg

This hole placed between the fins is new to me. 3 of the 5 spaces between the 5 fins have these holes. Perhaps they involve the tracer? Also, there is a single tiny hole on the leading edge of each fin tip. No clue what they are for. I have seen photos of different Russian APFSDS projectiles with these same holes.
IMG_4026.jpg

Last edited:
Projectile was just ID'd by Alex as the 3BM-22 projectile fitted into the projectile assembly 3BM-23 for the 3VBM-9 complete cartridge :)

Jason