What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian 130mm case

APFSDST

I have a 130mm case, same as the picture but Russian made.
Can somebody tell me what gun used this case?
Used same projectiles as the Russian 130mm M46 gun? Or it was fixed ammo and used other projectiles?

Greetings
Seperate loading, 130x846R Russian M-46 field gun , Chinese Type 59 field gun.
Russian fixed rounds :- 130x757R AK-130 naval auto.
130x861R KS-30 AA (naval?)

Last edited:
Hello Charley,
these ammos used different cases as mine.
I think, my case maybe used for naval gun, bu I don't know for what.
Here are a picture from the M46 gun's case:

130x846R  gun, ammo.jpg130x846R  Egypt.JPG130x846R  Pakistan.jpg130x846R  Chinese HE.jpgHello APFSDS,
Very interesting. I have various pictures of M46 ammunition and they all show a case like that in your first picture. From left to right:- 1) Indian gun and ammunition ; 2) Egyptan ammo ; 3) Pakistani ammo ; 4) Chinese ammo.
So what is the case in your second picture? Unless the case is loaded into a straight-sided chamber (and so the case is blown straight when fired) i cannot see how it could be the same. And in fact it cannot be the same because rim diameters are different.
The rim diameter of the case here illustrated is 185mm. In your second picture there is no rim diameter provided but the diameter at case mouth is shown as 185mm so even if the case sides are parallel the rim diameter must be greater.
I know that there are some experts out there who can answer these questions.....
These mysteries are great! (-:

Which leaves me wondering where the drawing in post #4 came from.
Perhaps it was made up from the two basic measurements of 846 and 185mm with no allowance made for the shoulder etc....
Strange though....