What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian 130mm HE Projectile....

starshell

Premium Member
Good morning,

Posting this one on behalf of a friend who has a Russian 130mm projectile (HE) which had no fuse adaptor. (This shell was used with the M1953 (M46) towed field gun).
We have had an adaptor made for this shell, however the drawing we have to go on is basic in terms of machining. It does have a reference to two holes drilled into the sides of the adaptor, presumably for grub screws to secure the adaptor to the shell body / or to secure the fuse?

My question is: Does anyone here have any technical drawings or illustrations detailing the diameter and screw pitch / thread size of these holes.
Any information in general about this shell would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Which of the M-46's towed field gun's 130 mm high explosive fragmentation (HE-frag) projectiles do you mean?

There's the earlier 53-OF-482M (53-ОФ-482М), which is based on the 53-O-481 (53-О-481) anti-aircraft projectile, but with the addition of the aforementioned fuze (not fuse) adapter.

There's also the later 3OF33 (3ОФ33), which is based on the 53-OF-482M, but ditches the DU (ДУ) smoke charge at the rear and is filled with a more energetic main high explosive fill.

For note the 'fuze adapter' is an adapter-booster, as such it holds a supplementary high explosive booster charge.

It's funny, as I updated the 53-OF-482M and all its related rounds this week.

Thanks for the info, which is alien to me as I have no idea on anything to do with this modern stuff, especially Russian.
If I get a more accurate description of its type I'll let you know.
Thanks for the English lesson too, will take note.
Cheers.