What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian AP mine

Chris

Ordnance approved
I recieved some information about a new Russian Bouncing AP mine called: POB Pilka
Can anybody tell me where POB and Pilka stands for???

Regards,

Chris

I recieved some information about a new Russian Bouncing AP mine called: POB Pilka
Can anybody tell me where POB and Pilka stands for???
Regards,
Chris

This is new russian AP-mine materials about which didn`t tell in Internet :)

Pob - ПОБ

Hello Chris

Those are the only photos i have.
I have no other information.
So if anyone has Height, Weight etc.. and of course opration mode....

May be we'll see us IMNEP

Inconnu.jpgPOB_01.jpgPOB-03.jpg
pencil.png

Tarbelin51

Thank's for THE picture Will send you more information tomorrow.

And yes I Will be in Czech Republik end of May.

Chris

New AP Mine? I believed they were forbidden some time ago.

Only to those who are not using them anyways. Means the largest producers in the world still don't care since they did not sign the Ottawa treaty.
There are:
USA
China
Russia

The Serbs didn't sign either, did they? Also known to sow a mine or two.

There are some things to say about the ban on landmines.

The Ottawa Convention of 1997 established the prohibition of use, selling, stockpiling, production and design, with destruction of stocks available to the
signatory (including training variants, components and spare parts).
All types of AP landmines: blast, radial fragmentation and directional fragmentation.

But not all countries have signed the Convention and among them some of the largest producers of landmines: USA, Russia and China.
The conduct of these three nations towards the Ottawa Convention goes from the complete indifference of China, to the suspension by the US in the use of all models which cannot be controlled remotely.

The conduct of Russia is a middle way: elimination of obsolete models, hold newer models and development of models partially or completely remotely controlled.
This has led to the development of weapons like the POB, that is not considered a mine but a remote controlled bounding fragmentation ammunition which should be activated only by humans.
But by Russians' own admission (Ivashkin help me in translation please):
"... Типы взрывателей, с которыми возможно применение ПОБ: НВУ с ППУ Пилка; КС ППМ Дичь; УМП-3; МУВ-3, МУВ-4 с растяжками; МВЭ-72, МВЭ-92, МВЭ-НС; НВУ-П; ВЗД-144ч, ВЗД-6ч ..."

Regards
stecol

"... Типы взрывателей, с которыми возможно применение ПОБ: НВУ с ППУ Пилка; КС ППМ Дичь; УМП-3; МУВ-3, МУВ-4 с растяжками; МВЭ-72, МВЭ-92, МВЭ-НС; НВУ-П; ВЗД-144ч, ВЗД-6ч ..."
Type fuzes that can use POB: NVY with PPY "Pilka" (I don`t know what does it mean.This is new tehnique); KS PPM "Dich" (I thought this is cassette mine); UMP-3 (control mine field for anti-personal mines); fuzes for anti-personal mines - mechanical fuzes MUV-3 and MUV-4; MVE-72 and MVE-92, MVE-NS electrical fuzes; NVY-P 'Ohota' ( http://www.saper.etel.ru/mines-2/nvu-p.html ); time fuzes BZD-144ch, VZD-6ch