What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian Artillery Fired Missile?

M8owner

Yahoo had this image posted on line. It looks like some kind of missile fired by artillery. It appears to be mounted in a 122mm case for a D-30 howitzer. Might any of you be able to identify this item?

Attachments

• Russian Artillery Fired Missile.jpg
    Russian Artillery Fired Missile.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 58
Yahoo had this image posted on line. It looks like some kind of missile fired by artillery. It appears to be mounted in a 122mm case for a D-30 howitzer. Might any of you be able to identify this item?

Firstly, it is an old photo that's been reused recently. The photo, well munitions within it, was (were) logged in the system I work on around the the 3rd of April 2022.

As to what they are, well not for the D-30 122 mm gun-howitzer, or for artillery weapons.

They are 3UBK23-3 (3УБК23-3) rounds for the 2A70 (2А70) 100 mm rifled gun of the BMD-4 (БМД-4) and BMP-3 (БМП-3) IFVs and the BTR-90M (БТР-90М) APC.

The gun-launched anti-tank guided missile (GLATGM) component of the 3UBK23-3 round is the 9M117M1-3 (9М117М1-3).

Looks like 9M117 (AT-10)

View attachment 179935

The image, which I take it is the website 'https://www.kotsch88.de', has the wrong version of the round, and the wrong version of the missile. As far as I can tell the image shows 3UBK10M family of rounds. As such it shows the 9M117M and not the 9M117 family of GLATGM. The systems' base GRAU index code when using the 3UBK10M-based rounds may also be 9K116M and not 9K116, but that's unconfirmed.

Last edited: