What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saint Chamond ID

Hello,

If you do not know what you pick up on battlefields do not touch and contact the authorities.
I watched the movie (your link) and I don't understand how one can show that ! If you want to keep your fingers don't do the same operation...

Regards

I do know the difference between a fuse and a bomb/mortar/shell/.. ;) Shouldn't be any gunpowder left in it, but just want to make sure. It's been on my desk for 20 years.

St Chamond fuze with adapter (maybe 75mm shrapnel).
It's difficult to know if this fuze is safe. The gas hole escape seems to be open and the damaged adapter suggests the shell exploded. But not 100% this fuze is inert.
Regards

the hole you see seems to be just that, a hole. Doesn't go to the inner parts. Lower ring has a hole that does go inside, and that's open. I've turned it upside down and filled it up with WD40. I'll see in a few weeks if it budges. Would like to remove the adapter and polish all the fuze parts.