What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Schermuly Training Grenade and L2A2 drill grenade

Gunnerop

Hello all,

Could I have some advice as to the value of these two inert grenades? They are totally out of my period of interest and I acquired them some years back for a display purpose no longer required. I have no idea of current values so I would appreciate some guidance from those in the know.

The first is a Schermuly type training grenade, a little scuffed in places but generally good markings are PW MTY 80. The L2A2 (L3?) drill grenade is a little tatty and has been roughly overpainted in green but should clean up nicely.

Any advice welcome!

Cheers

Paul

DSC_7815.jpgDSC_7816.jpgDSC_7818.jpgDSC_7817.jpg

Looks like an L4. Should be filled with HE sub to the correct weight. Would have had a bolt type top to it instead of a fuze assembley if it were an L3. Body looks in quite good condition.
I have sold a few, some in good condition, others in bad condition. They go for varying prices so I would put it on auction if I were you, but would expect to get atleast 20.
The other I am not completely sure about.

Many thanks to both of you for your replies. As I said in the post, way out of my period so I had no idea, I'll put them on SA when I get a mo.

Thanks again

Paul