What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scotch Bonnets

gothica7

Premium Member
I have just harvested the first of my Scotch Bonnets from the polytunnel and all i can say[ when i can talk again] is 'Oh my god'. Burning fire, hope i havnt ruined the chilli conc for tonight. YEEEHHAAHH.

Andy

Good to see another chillie grower here. I grow in small quantities myself as all my garden is taken up by veg. I grew scotch bonnet a few years ago but then switched to chocolate habaneros which....wow! Very very hot!
Growing only starbursts now as they produce hundreds and hundreds each plant, good and stocky plants and very hardy. About as hot as bird eye.

Ah! A great thread and just reminded me about those packaged chillies i have in the fridge for mondays cooking seshion. I do wish i had the room to put up a greenhouse for the home grown ones though.
I do grow my own Garlic and chives. :)

best

waff

ime also growing a load of very tiny ones, seems to be dozens and dozens on each plant, will be picking the first tomorrow. If they are good, you will all hear me.

Andy

The little tiny one's ,, are they tabasco peppers,,,these are very small and wow! what a kick they have,,,perfect :)

Tabasco is a very mild chili compared to these ones ime afraid.
However i did find a chili sauce for sale in Asda the other day and i cannot eat it ime afraid.
Its called Dave's Insanity Sauce and i dont think even Waff could handle it. It shouldnt be allowed to be sold as its such dangerous stuff.

Go on, try it i dare you, it could spoil your day.

Andy

Scotch Bonnets to me are cleaning pads , made by 3M used in gold plating , for cleaning the copper tracks , prior to con formal coating (etch resist) i didnt know i could eat them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Serrano

The peppers I grow and use in my home made salsa are called Serrano Peppers, and these babies are HOT. They are about the same size as a Chili Pepper and turn bright red when ripe. I also can them in dill brine which is delicious but damn HOT. The ultimate price is paid next day on crapper...Dano

Crapper ,,,did some-one mention the crapper,,,,,,,,,,oh boy! was out last night for my Dad's 70th birthday we had curry and the chef brought out some Naga puree,,,,,,,yup ate the lot :cry: . sooo please don't mention the crapper,,,,, it's been a very long day here and just recovering,,,slowely,,,very slowley :reddy:

Last edited:
I grow starburst chillis now as they produce hunderds and hundreds and are very short, stubby and hardy plants. Ideal for England. The chillies are tiney and start yellow and turn green and orange. Little bit like Bird eye chillies but much hotter giving a slow release, excellent for cooking.
If your looking for hot hot, then any of the Habenero variety will do you proud!