What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SD 2 wings

SG500

Premium Member
I always like a challenge so when I got these it was just that, a challenge!
First the wings got dipped to get rid of the rust.
Then they got bent into shape - as far as I dared without snapping them.
Then a spare end paddle got put on using original components from a scrap set that was in even worse condition than this.
Finally it was wire brushed.
I'm sure the purists would like it as it was but it'll do me.
Dave.

Attachments

• Exploded wings 001.jpg
    Exploded wings 001.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 56
I say good on ya Dave as you have saved it from rusting completly away. Will look good displayed as is. :)

cheers

waffy

Great sympathetic restoration Dave.

I do admit to being a 'purist' as Dave describes, I do like to see these 'as discovered' and think they tell there own story - a moment captured in time, if you like. However, as waff has already said you have managed to prevent further deteriation in the wings and have been sympathetic in your restoration, which can only be good. What is more you have a record of the wings as they looked before restoration - this to me enhances the finished article as it shows just how sympathetic you have been. I think the finished article speaks for itself - well done Dave.

regards Kev

Thanks for all the comments guys. I'm now deciding what do do next..............:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Dave.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 27