What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SD2 Section with 67

satan18

Got a bit bored this morning and decided to start doing a display section
SD2 with a timed 67 fuse.

Almost happy with the cuts but will have to straighten one up tommorow as
the bomb body kept slipping.

This is phase one,and next will be the internal filling which i am going
to use plaster of paris or resin.

Attachments

• SD2 002.jpg
    SD2 002.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 84
  • SD2 005.jpg
    SD2 005.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 102
  • SD2 004.jpg
    SD2 004.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 109
  • SD2 006.jpg
    SD2 006.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 103
Thats looking pretty good already Phil.

I like the cuts you have made and as always, when you undertake something of this kind, I think the end result will be something rather spectacular.

looking forward to seeing the progress on this one, thanks for posting

regards Kev

Thats looking pretty good already Phil.

I like the cuts you have made and as always, when you undertake something of this kind, I think the end result will be something rather spectacular.

looking forward to seeing the progress on this one, thanks for posting

regards Kev

Thanks Kev
Going to drill a hole in the bottom and mount it on a peice of ash or oak timber.

The cuts went well and thought by doing an almost half half cut then all will be seen with the fuse.

Best phil

Nice cut Phil, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished article.
The following link may be of use regarding the inner filling. I used wood inserts with home made sandtex (emulsion mixed with sand). Others I know have used sandpaper cut outs and painted them.
Dave.

http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/butterfly-cut-t71823.html

Cheers Dave

I will be using a dummy fuse and gaine to fill the space then deciding what filling to use,as once the fuse is removed then i can remove some of the filling as required.

Best phil

Indeedy! Sorry mate in being late on the thread.

Lovely work Phil,im just on blinging up two i already have and will add pics here if you dont mind? :)

cheers

waff

Thanks Mate,next is the filling which i have worked out how to do it now.

By all means hit the thread with butty bits as it makes an interesting read as we havnt had much SD2 time lately.

Best phil

Hey Phil,Ive found the camera batteries so here we go pal. :)

Here are a couple of examples i have,one is the 'apple-core' cut as i like to call it(been on BOCN previously?) and the other is a mystery pickup from somewhere??
Both displaying fuzes and empty gaine pots.
Examples of 41 and 70B fuzes shown,not my best examples in the collection but ideal for cutaway bodies.They others stay on the shelf!

best

waff

Attachments

• S7007522.jpg
    S7007522.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 46
  • S7007523.jpg
    S7007523.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 43
  • S7007524.jpg
    S7007524.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 44
  • S7007525.jpg
    S7007525.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 40
  • S7007526.jpg
    S7007526.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 45
  • S7007530.jpg
    S7007530.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 40
  • S7007531.jpg
    S7007531.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Here are a couple of examples i have,one is the 'apple-core' cut as i like to call it(been on BOCN previously?) and the other is a mystery pickup from somewhere??
Examples of 41 and 70B fuzes shown,not my best examples in the collection but ideal for cutaway bodies.They others stay on the shelf!

best

waff

Unusual cuts which i had considered doing until i got the body on the mill and went for the more segmented look:tinysmile_classes_t.

I am working out how to make a removable filling now so that it all dismantles.

Nice one mate

Best phil

best

waff

Just caught up with this one..........

.....as Phil said 'unusual cuts waff', I particularily like the one you refer to as the 'apple-core' cut, looks to be some nice markings on that one too!!

Thanks for posting
regards Kev

cheers Kev. :)
Plenty of original paint left thankfully!
The markings are as follows.. 231 cma 41B (cma-Vereinigte Oberschlesische Huttenwerke A.G Gleiwitz)

best

waff