What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sending LAW tubes to the UK

Fishing rods get sent in tubes so perhaps you may be ok if you sent it surface mail.
If its xrayed your end you may have a problem.
The law[sorry] is probably against you but you could but try.

Andy

Fishing rods get sent in tubes so perhaps you may be ok if you sent it surface mail.
If its xrayed your end you may have a problem.
The law[sorry] is probably against you but you could but try.

Andy

Sounds like a no-go. Thanks. :)

LAW 66mm and The Law.

Thats very interesting post as i had one of these which i had been given some years ago. Now the item was mint complete and un-used but did not contain any rocket so basically it was inert. It was only when i came to offer it for sale that the guy on the other end of the phone told me it had since been re-classified as a Section 5 Firearm!!! Even though it was an empty tube minus the electrical arming and firing wiring the argument was it could have been converted by a terrorist into a live weapon. Whether this was true or not i did not want to take any chances so had it destroyed which involved cutting it up into tiny pieces and incinerated. I didnt buy it luckily so wasnt too bothered by that and had it as a wall-hanger in spare room. I have a sister in law who is in the Armed Response Police unit and even she was unsure as to what the law was on it and said it seems that the law varies depending on where you are which is all more confusing. I cant see any problem with a fired unit as once fired its disposeable anyway and is thrown away. But i have seen the complete sealed units as they are before fired but minus internal rocket and wiring being sold on car-boots still. Would be good to know for sure what the law actually is on these for those who might want an example. Regards, Tim.