What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Several Hawker Hunter Jet Gauges

Weasel

Premium Member
While at a car boot sale today i happened to meet a seller who used to be involved in flying at one time and in a support role within the RAF for Hawker Hunter Jets, amongst some other bits and pieces he had for sale were these gauges. Not really my thing at all but i thought they were worth picking up. I may well put them up for sale else ware but if anyone here is interested in or collects these sort of things i am happy to do a trade, just send me a pm. Any info that you can add about these would be great, as i know nothing about aircraft parts at all,
Best regards Weasel.
new pics 36 021.jpgnew pics 36 026.jpgnew pics 36 023.jpgnew pics 36 017.jpg
pencil.png

Hi Weasel,the gauges you have are rather a good find,the first one I am not quite sure of but it could be rate of climb and descent,second is an ASI,airspeed indicator,tells the pilot what speed he is doing,yours is calibrated in knots,1 knot is just over 1,1 miles per hour,the third is a rate of flow meter for fuel,tells you how fast you are burning up the fuel and how much you have used from the start of that particular flight,last one is a brake pressure gauge,the top quadrant shows main supply pressure,the two lower scales show pressure delivered to each mainwheel on the undercarriage,there were of course no brakes on the nose wheel,I am no expert but I dont think I am far out with the descriptions,Hope this helps,
Regards,Don,

Hi Don,
Thank you for that, the instruments were quite a lucky find I think. I have seen brake balance indicators in race cars before but nothing like this, there were a few other instruments available along with lots of hydralic bits and bobs from the same aircraft. Best regards Weasel.