What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shell [primers,

beihan62

Premium Member
I have just acquired 3 shell primers,all WW2,all British,2 of one type and one of another,all three inert and highly polished,(been on someones mantelpiece for many years I would think,I am unable to post pictures so I will describe what is stamped in the base,two are dated 42 while the other is dated 38,the rest I have no idea,,
Starting with,,,,,,No 11 I RL 2-38 (Broad arrow) 1 6 0 over W.12-38 ,underneath the W.12-38 there is another symbol which is difficult to describe,it looks like a number 7 with an extra leg,the extra leg starts about half way down the leg of the 7 but is sloped the other way away from the leg,(like a 7 leaning on a shooting stick)it is far too deeply impressed to be a scratch,the other two are identical, No 15 II SB 6/42 a very small Q followed by what looks like an inverted V, 947 over TH 7 42 over an inverted V which is combined with a capital F,hope this is enough information,
Many thanks,
Don,