What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipping from England to U.S.

Time was that here in the US, when you ordered something from England surface mail your package usually arrived in 4-6 weeks. Over the past month or two surface packages have been arriving here in about a week. I talked about it with fellow BOCN member Gothica7 and he said that maybe with the economy, planes are flying underweight and the surface mail is added to flights to make the weight difference. That makes perfect sense to me. I can think of nothing else to explain it. I just know I LIKE IT! Any differing ideas out there....Dano

I reccon its a good time to ship stuff to the US, it does usually take 6 weeks or more to get surface mail to its destination over there. To get there in a week suggests that in fact its going airmail. Its a lot cheaper too.

Andy

Well shipping to Canada from the UK is taking longer :tinysmile_cry_t4:

I ordered some books from TonyE and they still aren't here after 6 weeks.....

Customs?

Might pay to make sure the customs paperwork is A1 as airmail is x rayed,wouldnt want to lose that valuable shell or cause a security issue at your local airport! We live in unsettled times.

yi dunno

I have got several packages from England over last two or so months. They are plainly marked surface mail on the package, but lately 1 week does it! usually? The x-ray is so easy to beat in packaging methods, I guess for obvious reasons I should not go into detail here. The packages are being sent as surface, but as quick as some are getting here gotta be going air..Dano