What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Short 20

Lou

Need help on this one please guys.Ran across a box of stuff I thought I knew what it was,found out I dont.

Projectile looks like a German practice 20mm. But on the flat of the very top is marked with a crown with an S under it.Its marked twice that way.And also at the top 4/S/18. The bottom of the projectile is marked with the same crown with an S under it and also with another capitol S.

Head stamps are as follows.
P&S
71 18
Sp

Under the bottom Sp is an unidentified mark,may be 61?

Thank you for your help and I will have other inert rounds to ID later.

Total length of case and projectile is apox 6 inches.

Attachments

• Unknown 014.jpg
    Unknown 014.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Unknown 012.jpg
    Unknown 012.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Unknown 007.jpg
    Unknown 007.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Unknown 002.jpg
    Unknown 002.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 64
Becker

Becker would be a safe bet, since I think in 1918 they were the only ones manufacturing 20mm rounds. Lou, you could do me a tremendous favor if you would. Would you measure projo total length, measurment from bottom of projo to bottom of driving band, driving band width, and length from top of driving band to top of projo? I have a 20mm flat nosed projo I think is Becker but the measurments would help immensely..Thanks...Dano

Dano they weren't the only ones making 20mm in 1918 but were certainly one of the more common ones.
Dave.

Thanks for the great info guys.Just needed that name to get the info ball rolling.And was able to ID all the other rounds already too.Might post them later.

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!You guys rock!!!!!!!!!!