What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Six favorite collection pieces

These represent what are the six favorite pieces in my collection at this point. No big deal but I was hoping other collectors would show favorite pieces in their collection. Hope it proves interesting.

German M1917 smooth egg grenade with transport plug
German M1917 n/A German egg grenade with M1916 percussion fuze
France WWI Bessozi grenade
German M1913 defensive discus grenade
British #34 MKIII drill egg grenade
France relic PI pear grenade WWI - dug at Verdun

nothing too rare here but for whatever reasons are my favorite..........Dano

Attachments

• DSC00220.jpg
    DSC00220.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 95
Gotta think about that one to come up with final 2. Will post when I decide. It sure won't be the same six as it was a year ago. Like we were talking earlier Dano, it used to be about the "bang" (at least for me) and now, its more about the history. Just finished watching a documentary on Verdun. IF ONLY THAT P1 COULD TALK, huh Dan!
Tim

Yeah Tim, My favorites seem to constantly change. Really looking forward to seeing your fav's. Copy that on history being the juice as that too is a constantly evolving thing. Regardless if it is WWI, WWII, Boer war, Franco Prussian war or whatever I think most collectors at least in a small way connect history on some level to their collections. I almost envy members that live in Europe where they are surrounded with history of the world wars and others. Dano

006.jpg Picking top 6 is sorta like trying to choose your favorite kids! But, for reasons I myself aren't sure about, here they are. After #1, no particular order.
1. US MKI
2. US M26
3. FRENCH CITRON FOUG 1915
4. BRITISH NO. 36 MILLS
5. USSR RGD-33
6. GERMAN M24

Stielhandgranate has repro handle, new hemp string & I re-painted metal parts ( ONLY because I couldn't slow the rust bubbles down ) & it still some how managed to make it here.

Very nice selection Tim. Your collection is evolving in a great direction. Your MKI is awesome as are the rest. Thanks for sharing and good collecting....Dano