What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sksvlad gets his 1st military award

sksvlad

Yep, my very first one, without serving a day anywhere. But I am married for 30 years, so I am an expert in counterintelligence, jungle warfare and various survival technics. My daughter got a real deal right before me. It was a nice sunny day and a dozen F-18's took off about 1000 feet away from the ceremony, filling the air with wasted jet fuel smell and making it impossible to hear all the diplomas being read aloud.
Fallon award.jpgfallon1.jpgfallon2.jpgfallon3.jpg

Attachments

• Fallon award.jpg
    Fallon award.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 35
That is so awesome, my friend! Your daughters are hardcore heroes. Super Grateful!

Jason

I do not know. That name does not strike me as of Ukrainian decent. :bigsmile:

As an old military guy, I notice her name tag has her first and last name all run together. That just seems strange to me.

Last edited:
I understand. She has 2 last names, mine and my wife's, the Navy merged them together to save space. USAF also does strange things to my other daughter's name, she has the same problem. I guess can't show her USAF uniform name here. I am stuck at work so scavenging my own pics online.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Both daughters in service - you have to be proud of them, obviously you brought them up very well indeed :proud:

Well done.

Nice they recognise the 'collateral damage' born by families of serving personnel.

Found a good pic of both my daughters together. I took it in Texas at Goodfellow AFB.
IMG_9183.jpg