What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smoke grenade

This one is somewhat out of my realm of knowledge. I got it on a popular auction site and it was literally just a few dollars (cost more to ship than the grenade. It was identified by seller as a German smoke grenade and was wondering if anyone could add/subtract from that. It does not fit into either of my collections but saw it, liked it, and it was almost give away so I got it. Any and all information greatly appreciated. As can be seen it is in great nick...Dano

Attachments

• Picture 873.jpg
    Picture 873.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 39
Pretty modern L54A2, RED, SMOKE grenade. British in origin. I'm sure someone out there has more on it then just that.

But thats what it is.

Is that the fuze that came with it? And does it have any markings on it?

Joe

definately a british smoke with the correct plastic fuze. A nice one all the same. They are getting harder to find.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t
Paul.

The letters CCC are in the same colour as the smoke produced, in addition to the word `red' on the grenade, presumably in case `red' gets rubbed off. Any other colours / model numbers in that series will also have the letters CCC in the colour that the grenade is designed to produce, eg blue, green, yellow.