What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOE\OSS Spring Cosh\Baton Help

chaseuk45

Hello,

Ive recently got my hands on a original spring cosh, the leather binding from around the handle is missing does any one know what colour or sort of leather I could use to replace it??

I know its a bit off topic!!! can post a pic if it helps

Thanks

Chase

Chaseuk45,
let me check-out some publications I have and get back to you unless somebody answers in the mean time....

Cosh handle.jpg Its made of a grey leather 3-inches long and about 0.06-inch thick, sewn with a light brown thread by machine (and then pushed onto the metal handle). Colour is difficult to judge Picture shows a few different greys for comparison.

Do you have a picture? I'm quite interested in SOE

Cosh-004.jpg

This is a wartime photograph of the cosh. There is some US information on SOE Coshes but some of it is not correct with respect to the British work and supplies to/from. The SOE cosh design was started by Col Wood in 1941 at Station 12 using a German 'life preserver' as a start point. The dimensions were altered to suit British manufacturing methods and Starkie Gardner Co Ltd were tasked with evolving a production model. A total of 9,250 were made.

H All Thanks for the reply!!! Here is some pics sorry if they are a bit crap as i used my phone!! anyone know a good place for leather??

Im also intrested in the dog drag as ive got one but its missing the bag do you have sizes?? Alos im on the look out for an ampule for the drag.

Chase

Attachments

• IMAG0109.jpg
    IMAG0109.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMAG0104.jpg
    IMAG0104.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMAG0107.jpg
    IMAG0107.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMAG0108.jpg