What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some more stupidity

daddybob67

here is a story i thought you all would find interesting. just came out in our local paper. no account for stupid. i would say he was lucky to still be alive. i would also imagine an investigation as to were they bought it will soon be coming.

Explosive device causes alarm at SE Kan. hospital

Anonymous From The Associated Press The Joplin Globe Thu Oct 21, 2010, 09:24 AM CDT
GIRARD, Kan. A southeast Kansas sheriff says two men meant no harm when they showed up at a hospital with an explosive device. They just wanted to help doctors figure what caused one of them to be burned.

Wednesdays incident at Girard Medical Center brought out police, the Kansas Highway Patrol and even personnel from McConnell Air Force Base in Wichita.

KOAM-TV reports the injured man came to the hospital with burns apparently caused by an explosion. A search of his vehicle turned up the suspicious device.

Crawford County Sheriff Sandy Horton says the item proved to be an M22 Launch Simulator the men had bought earlier Wednesday. The injury happened when the men tried to dismantle it.

The device simulates anti-tank guided missile and rocket launchings. It contains magnesium, which causes smoke and a flash.