What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some of my inert hand grenades

Tmine35

Premium Member
Here a few Finnish WW2 hand grenades from my clollection:
-M32 stick
-M41 stick
-M41 stick variation ( I have no idea what the red stripes means )
-M41 throwing practice
-M44 incendiary ( oil + white phosphor filling )

Attachments

• sticks.jpg
    sticks.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 102
Here a few eggs and rifle/mortar grenades:
-M32 rifle/mortar grenade with dummy ( training? ) fuze
-M32 rifle/mortar grenade with 7,5 sec. time delay fuze
In these grenades 2 different body shapes and at least 3 different tails exist, though they all were experimental in very limited use and never adopted for troops.
-M32 body used as an egg grenade with rare plastic fuze
-M43 egg with 5,5 sec. fuze.

Attachments

• eggs.jpg
    eggs.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 73
Unfortunately I have more than 2 times the same number still missing and haven't even ever seen them in real life, just in manuals :tinysmile_angry_t:

Hi. You have some fantastic stick grenades there, they are very unusual in this part of the world. Thanks for sharing them. Cheers Colin

Here a few Finnish WW2 hand grenades from my clollection:
-M32 stick
-M41 stick
-M41 stick variation ( I have no idea what the red stripes means )
-M41 throwing practice
-M44 incendiary ( oil + white phosphor filling )
Reino, Im very glad and impressed with this pic :congrats: Finnish grenades are megarare, you know better than us, and are ones of the still "missing in action" in my collection. These sticks were used after the war? Surelly yes, but they were made too? I mean, can you find these models post war made? Or always you find a Finnish stick is WWII or before?
Miguel A.J.

Miguel,
I have not seen pre-1945 type grenades with post war dates here. I think there was enough old stock and in 1950's already new types appeared. So, I don't think they were any longer made after 1944, modified for new fuzes though.

Thanks for the info. They are meganice, my friend, many thanks for sharing them with us and congratulations for your collection.